QuietGrowth is a financial adviser. Robo advice, digital advice, automated investment management, online investment adviser, digital investment advisor, digital financial advisor, digital wealth manager, algorithm-driven investment management are the popular terms that are commonly used to describe our service.
Digital financial adviser
We are a financial advisor who provides our online service using interactive interfaces through your laptop and mobile phone. Thanks to technology!
General financial advice, personal financial advice and investment advice
We provide general financial advice, as well as personal financial advice limited to our Managed Discretionary Account (MDA) service.
The financial information we provide on our website and other mediums by not considering your personal circumstances is the 'general financial advice'.
The financial information that we provide by taking into consideration your personal circumstances is the personal financial advice. The personal financial advice that we provide is through our Managed Discretional Account (MDA) service.
We provide both financial advice and investment advice. Investment advice generally means personal financial advice about investment topics.
- What is the difference between general financial advice and personal financial advice?
- What is the difference between financial advice and investment advice?
No conflicted remuneration
QuietGrowth is independent of the ETF product issuers whose products we include in our portfolios, because:
- We do not earn commissions or remuneration from ETF product issuers.
- We do not receive gifts or benefits from product issuers who may reasonably be expected to influence us.
- None of the product issuing firms is a shareholder in our company.
These practices ensure that conflicted remuneration does not exist between QuietGrowth and ETF product issuers.
SOME DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOUR ACCOUNT IS CREATED
As a part of your onboarding process, before we create your QuietGrowth account, we will provide you with a digital copy of the 'Statement of Advice and MDA Contract'.
The 'Statement of Advice and MDA Contract' includes:
- Statement of Advice (SOA);
- Investment Program;
- Client Agreement;
- Link to Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), if any, of each investment product such as an ETF that forms part of the client's QuietGrowth Model Portfolios; and
- MDA Application.
Statement of Advice
A Statement of Advice is a document that sets out your situation and goals, and our corresponding financial recommendations. You will receive an SOA when we provide you with personal financial advice that takes into account your objectives, financial situation and needs. The SOA will contain:
- the advice;
- the basis on which the advice was given;
- information about remuneration including fees, commissions and other benefits; and
- any interests, relationships or associations which might influence the making of the advice.
Read our Financial Services Guide to know more.
SOME DOCUMENTS AFTER YOUR ACCOUNT IS CREATED
Statement of Advice that is modified
A new Statement of Advice will be issued to you when you modify your Personal Circumstances. You can modify your Personal Circumstances at most once a month. We do not charge a fee for the generation of a new Statement of Advice for you.
Annual Investor Statement
After the end of each Financial Year, an independent auditing of our investment management activity for that financial year will be conducted. As soon as this exercise is completed, the Annual Investor Statement (AIS), which has details of your account activities, and the Independent Auditor’s Report will be available to you. This is as per regulations.
Refer to our Financial Services Guide for detailed information.